More Power to Ya is the fifth album from Christian rock band Petra. It was released on September 21, 1982 by Star Song Records. It is the first album to feature drummer Louie Weaver who would remain with the band for more than 20 years.
Album history Edit
More Power to Ya was recorded in the summer of 1982, during a period of five weeks, while the band was touring. Most of the recording was done at Indian Creek Recording in Uvalde, Texas. Producer and recording engineer Jonathan David Brown called the experience "perhaps the most fun record I've ever made". Additional recordings and mixing were done later at Rivendell Recorders, in Pasadena, Texas. Mastering took place at MCA/Whitney Recording Studio by Steve Hall.
The album continued various trends started with Never Say Die, like the flying guitars in the artwork, which was done again by Randy Rogers.
Track listing Edit
All Songs Written By Bob Hartman, except where noted.
- "Stand Up" – 3:34
- "Second Wind" – 4:35
- "More Power to Ya" – 3:38
- "Judas' Kiss" – 4:44
- "Rose Colored Stained Glass Windows" – 4:18
- "Run for the Prize" – 4:31
- "All Over Me" – 5:52
- "Let Everything that Hath Breath" (Words & Music by Greg X. Volz) – 4:23
- "Road to Zion" (Words & Music by Mike Hudson) – 3:59
- "Disciple" – 3:29
- Greg X. Volz – Lead vocals
- Bob Hartman – Guitars
- Mark Kelly – Bass, vocals
- Louie Weaver – Drums
- John Slick – Keyboards, vocals, synthesizer programs and arrangements
Recording and productionEdit
- Jonathan David Brown – Producer, engineer, mixer
- Brian Tankersley – Assistant engineer
- Steve Hall – Mastering
- T & T Designs – Art direction
- Randy Rogers – Illustration
- Lisa Williams – Layout
- Bob Thigpen – Sleeve photographer
- More Power to Ya on Wikipedia